Pickled Carrots Salad
Every couple of weeks I buy a bag of carrots and nearly every week I end up throwing it away. I don’t know what it is about carrots, they rarely inspire me. Lately, I have been making this salad. Since it lasts very well and is a good side salad, I’m now using and eating all my carrots. You will notice that there are no oils or added sugars in this salad. It is as healthy, yet tasty, as you could wish for. Let me know if you try it.
- 1 kg of carrots
- 1 lemon
- 2 oranges (blood oranges if possible)
- 3 medium shallots
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 table spoon of apple vinegar
- 1 table spoon of soy sauce
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 2 tea spoons of salt
- 1 table spoon of crushed black pepper
- 1 bag of dill
- Grate the carrots and garlic cloves.
- Juice the lemon and oranges.
- Shred the shallots.
- Chop the dill (including the stalks) very finely.
- Mix all your liquid ingredients.
- Mix the carrots, garlic, salt, pepper and dill in a bowl.
- Pour the liquid over the salad and mix well.
- Spoon the salad and liquids in an airtight container.
- Toss the salad every few hours for the next two days. This allows all the carrots bathe in the juices and marinate evenly.
Photos by Tinkafoto.
Comments are closed.
I love carrot salads! Thanks for the inspiring me for more. Love the photo too 😊
Oh this looks and sounds so delicious. My mouth is watering, love carrot & orange together too 🙂
Oh thank you so much 🙂
This looks divine! I don’t like lettuce much and I’ve been trying to fill 1/3 of my plate with veg as much as I can so have been leaning towards carrot salad. The one I make is glorified grated carrot, the flavours in this sound gorgeous I will have to try!
Not sure why your comment ended straight into the spam folder… You could try this with beetroot as well. I think that would work well.
I think my other comment disappeared! I love carrot salad, this one looks divine, will have to try it!
Had this today for the family bbq! It didn’t last ten minutes they loved it so much..
Tomorrow evening I’ll get grating! The best things take time (to marinade), don’t they? Thanks for sharing!
Patience and a good grating arm make for the perfect salad. Let me know how you get on 🙂
I am much the same when it comes to carrots. Only mine get eaten by horses and hens! Shall bookmark the recipe for later. Sounds like an ideal work day lunch x