Creamy Tomato Gnocchis
These gnocchis are simply amazing. Comforting and tasty, cheap and cheerful. This is one of my favourite ways to prepare gnocchis.
If you’ve never heard of gnocchis, it’s very simple, they are a mix of potato and wheat dumpling. Like a more satisfying, slighly chewy pasta.
This gnocchis recipe makes enough for two and takes 15 min to cook including prep time.
- 1 packet of gnocchis;
- 1/2 punnet of mushrooms;
- 1 tin of tomatoes;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- grated cheese (hard italian cheese);
- half a tub of creme fraiche;
- In a pot, put the tomatoes, 2 crushed garlic cloves and the mushrooms roughly torn.
- Let it cook down on medium heat for 10 min.
- Switch the heat off and cover the pot for the last 5 min
- 10 mins into the cooking for the sauce, drop your gnocchis in boiling water.
- Cook them on high heat for 2 mins.
- You know they’re done once they float on they start floating up.
- Drain them.
- Now that your sauce is a bit cooler mix in your creme fraiche and season with a bit of salt. As the sauce isn’t too hot, the creme fraiche shouldn’t split.
- Fry some sage leaves in a bit of olive oil
- Add everything in a large bowl and toss.
- When everything is mixed you will have a shiny creamy, cheese stringy sauce.
Here are some very inspiring gnocchi recipe. You can go very fancy with this Wild Garlic Gnocchi or keep it simple but so very appealing with this gorgeous Gnocchi With Blue Cheese, Spinach and Pancetta.