Courgette, Feta and Wild Garlic Quiche
Right, it’s National Vegeterian Week over here in Ireland and I’ve lots of vegetables I don’t want to be throwing out. I’m also feeling lazy as it’s Sunday and it’s raining, so I need comfort.
So veggie, easy, comfy quiche it is!
- 1 sheet of pastry (I prefer shortcrust),
- 4 eggs,
- 1 pot of creme fraiche,
- 1 block of feta,
- 1 red pepper,
- 2 courgettes,
- 1 handful of grated cheese,
- 1 handful of wild garlic (freshly picked if you can!).
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C or gas mark 5.
- Fit the pastry onto the pie mould. Blind bake the pastry case until it’s nice and golden. This should take about 15 min.
- While the pastry is baking, crack your 4 eggs into a large bowl, whisk them up and add the cream. Beat until nice and smooth.
- Add the shredded courgettes and chopped pepper, feta and wild garlic.
- Pour over the pastry case and add the grated cheese on top. Put back in the oven for 15 to 20 min.