Blackcurrants And Mozzarella Salad
This blackcurrants and mozzarella salad is quick to put together but the marriage of flavours will stay with you. It is simple but will impress.
I am lucky enough to have a garden. Not only that, but I also know people who have gardens. And we all seem to be trying to grow fruit and vegs which is great. We swap products and recipes and eat together and make merry. This means, I often end up with a glut of one product at any given time and I have to come up with interesting ways to using it. This is how this how this blackcurrants and mozzarella salad came to be.
The main reason why this salad works so well is the musky flavour of the blackcurrants. They are earthy and sweet but the tangy finish cuts to the oozy creaminess of the cheese. The peppery fire of the rocket rounds it all perfectly. This blackcurrants and mozzarella salad is surprising and satisfying.
Another recipe I’ll be trying shortly is this Blackcurrant And Banana Ice-Cream from The Honest Project.
- Two large handfuls of rocket or whichever leaves you prefer. I like rocket for its peppery taste.
- One good quality mozzarella ball
- One handful of cherry tomatoes
- One handful of fresh blackcurrants
- Good extra virging olive oil
- 3 scallions
- a few leaves of mint
Steps to follow for this blackcurrant and mozzarella salad
- Plate your lettuce.
- Toss it with the mint and shredded scallions.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and add them to the salad along with the blackcurrants.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and mix the salad so it’s evenly coated.
- Season with pepper and a tiny bit of crunchy salt.
- Gently place the mozzarella ball on top.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and add some salt and pepper.
- This is delicious served with sourdough crusty bread.