Raspberries and Pear Muffin Loaf
This muffin loaf is a gorgeous cake. Follow the simple steps below and eat it while it’s warm.
The silkiest batter and no lumps to destroy. No creaming of butter, basically this muffin loaf is a doozy to make and it is delicious! You can use what ever combination of fruit and chocolates you may want but I had a punnet of raspberries and an over ripe pear and so history was made. I musd admit that for me it’s fruit OR chocolate but I don’t mix them at all. I got this recipe from Karyn Ryan who looks after Irish Baking Adventures which is a pretty awesome baking blog!
- 250 g of plain flour;
- 100 g of caster sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
- 2 large eggs;
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract;
- 250 ml of milk;
- 50 cl of vegetable oil;
- 1 punnet of raspberries;
- 1 pear.
- You need to make sure your oven is really hot so pre-heat it to 200 C or gas mark 8.
- Use two separate bowls. Leave the raspberries and pear to one side for now.
- In the first bowl mix all your dry ingredients and in your second one mix all your wet ingredients.
- You can then combine the two together but don’t over beat it or anything. You will get an incredibly silky and shiny batter.
- Add your raspberries and your peeled and chopped pear and place in the oven.
- After 10 min bring down the heat to 180 C or gas mark 6 and cook for another 30 min.
- Do the knife test and leave it in the oven until it’s cooked.
- Leave it to cool down on a tray before cutting it.