Quick Korean Style Spinach Salad
This spinach salad recipe is vegan and gluten free and 100% delicious.
The idea for this spinach salad came from a recipe in the guardian which I tried this morning. The kimchi pancakes were delicious and I didn’t mess with the recipe at all but I did change the dressing for the salad and I think it worked a treat.
I mentioned in a recent post that we are trying to eat less meat, and today is one of these days. There will be no meat cooked or eaten in this house today. To make this fun and still satisfying we are trying to be a bit creative with our vegetarian options, hence the kimchi pancakes. The spinach salad was a really great accompaniment and was put together in 1 min flat.
Click through for more of my vegan recipes.
- One handful of baby spinach leaves per person.
- A few mint leaves
- One part lemon juice/ one part rice vinegar/ one part mirin sauce (gluten free) or soy sauce (not GF)/ 1 part toasted sesame seed oil.
- One clove of garlic
- Half a tea spoon of chili flakes
- One tea spoon of sesame seeds plus extra for sprinkling
- One spring onion
- Shredd the spinach, mint and spring onion and mix them in a bowl.
- Mix other ingredients in a separate bowl (grate your garlic, don’t use the clove as a whole piece) for the sauce.
- Spoon a couple of table spoons of the dressing over the greens but no longer than five minutes before you eat as otherwise the acids in the sauce will cook the spinach salad.
- Toss well and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top.