QUICK APPLE AND CARAMEL TART RECIPE
Last week, I was taking stock of the basics in my kitchen and I stumbled across a jar of unopened Bonne Maman salted caramel sauce. It’s one of their newer product and my pal, Niamh, picked me up a jar when it was on sales in Dunnes a while back. This is what I do. I gather bits and pieces for the kitchen and then put them away to collect dust in the back of the press. Every few months, I go through them again and find some random inspiration.
I always have a pastry from m&s knocking around the freezer. They cost €1.50 and are by far the best of the supermarket homebrand ones. You still have to roll it out but it’s easy to work with it. It tastes lovely and buttery so overall, worth stocking if you can.
Add to these some windfall apples from a recent trip to Wexford and that’s a ready-made dessert waiting to happen.
Ingredients are listed above and all you need to do is to follow the below steps:
- preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- roll out your pastry and put 2 tablespoons of the salted caramel sauce in the middle and spread it out
- peel and core the apple and slice it thinly
- place the apple slices on the sauce and fold the sides over
- brush the pastry with milk and put it in the oven for 20 min or until golden