French Mustard Tart Recipe
This one is great for a quick lunch when you’ve not much left in your fridge but still want something damn tasty. My mam used to make this quite a lot and this tart remains very close to my heart.
- pastry base (short crust or puff will work great here),
- dijon mustard,
- 1 large tin of tuna
- a small packet of grated cheese
- ripe tomatoes.
- 1 table spoon of herbes de provence.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Roll out the pastry into the dish and prick all over the base with a fork.
- Blind bake for 10 to 15 min.
- Take the pastry out of the oven and spread about 3 teaspoons of dijon mustard on the base of the pastry.
- Add the drained tuna and sprinkle it over the mustard.
- Add your grated cheese over the tuna.
- Place your sliced tomatos atop and season them with the herbes de provence.
- It looked like this before the oven.
The finished product should look something like this:
This works best with a simple green salad on the side.