Mexican Style BBQ Grilled Chicken Is The New Black
This Mexican style grilled chicken is ideal for a quick marinade before throwing the meat on the barbie.
I realised recently that for someone who claims to love meat, I sure have a lot of vegetarian and even vegan recipes on this blog. I thought I’d better remediate that and start writing some of my better meat recipes. This grilled chicken feast of a dish is an absolute must try. It takes no time at all to make you can enjoy a cheeky drink while the meat is cooking. If you want to go for something a bit more sophisticated, here is a chicken dish I wrote about last year.
This grilled chicken goes with just about anything you can think of for a bbq. If it’s the only meat you’re serving then make about two thighs per person as one will simply not be enough.
- chicken thighs (2 per person)
- limes (1 to 2 per person depending on how juicy they are)
- chipotle chili powder (1 tablespoon for 2 thighs)
- garlic (1 large clove for 2 thighs)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- You will need to marinade this for about 30 min so it’s ideal to make and then light up your BBQ. By the time the meat is marinated, it will be time to slap it on the hot grill.
- In a large bowl, mix the juice of your limes, a good glug of olive oil, the garlic finely grated and the chipotle powder. Mix until you’ve a uniform paste.
- Coat and massage the chicken with the marinade and cover it. Reserve it for at least 30 min.
- Once the BBQ is ready (no more flames but that lovely blazing white ashy coal), place the chicken thighs skin side down. Leave them for about 10 min without touching them.
- Turn them and cook them for at least another 10 to 15 min. Is the skin crisp? Are the juices running clear when you fork the meat? Voila, you have the perfect grilled chicken!
- As it is impossible to give you an exact cooking time, I wish to take this opportunity that during BBQ season, you need to be extra vigilant. Wash your hands after handling meat and ensure that your meat is cooked through.